With so many of my close friends pregnant at the moment the baby showers are plentiful and so much fun to attend. However, it’s easy to be blinded by what to gift to give the Mum to be on her big day. Sure, that pair of mini dungarees is cute, but there really are only so many clothes a new baby will use before they grow out of them and are onto the next size. The trick is to get something beautiful yet useful.
If you too have a baby shower or 2 to go to check out these ideas which are sure to win you a few brownie points.
1. Jellycat toys are the elite teddy crew! This super soft Elephant has lots of areas where a baby can grip on tight to but there are hundreds of different styles to chose from. Jellycat Chouchou elephant £14
2. Aden and Anais swaddle muslins are most definitely the gold standard of muslins, spotted on many a celeb parent, but I find these make the perfect for a gift as they may not be something soon to be parents would necessarily splash out on themselves. From £17.95. Pack of 4, £44.95
3. I wrote here about bath time with our little one and I still choose to use only the kindest of products on his skin. These beautifully packaged bath products are full of natural ingredients which are kind enough for the that super sensitive newborn skin Estelle & Thild body wash, Body Oil and Body cream from £10.
4. I’m pretty sure blankets don’t get much cuter than this beauty from The Little White Company, £36. Ideal if you don’t know the sex of the baby you are buying for too, this gorgeous cloud style blanket is a prefect mix of practical and cute.
5. iTaggy comforter from £7.99; I have bought several of these for friends after my friend Lisa first sent one over from Ireland when Henry when he was born. He still to this day takes it to bed every night and asks for it when he wants to be comforted. They are perfect for little hands and can keep babies occupied for ages as they finger through the many colourful loops. Best of all you can get these personalised – one of Henry’s has our address in case (God forbid) we lose it when we’re out and about.
I’d love to hear what presents you’ve received/bought recently.