Today is Shrove Tuesday here in the UK so I wanted to share this quick and easy recipe if you’re wondering how to make pancakes. I have filmed a video over on my YouTube channel for a step by step guide if you’d like to go and check that out!
– You will need –
600 ml Milk
300 gr Plain flour
1 tablespoon melted butter
Pinch of Salt
– Method –
- Sieve Flour
- Mix the salt into the flour
- Crack eggs into the mix and stir together
- Cour in melted butter
- Add half your milk and whisk
- Add remaining milk and whisk until smooth
- Chill in fridge for 10 mins minimum
- Add butter to pan and let it get hot
- Pour in thin layer and roll around the pan to make sure it covers the base of the pan
- Lift the edges around the pan and then use a pallet knife to lift the middle up
- Flip if you can! Cook for a couple of minutes until browned.
- Check out my delicious topping ideas at the end of my video!
Shrove Tuesday takes place the day before Ash Wednesday, which is when Lent starts; The first day of the Christian season of Lent is the run up to Easter. Traditionally, Shrove Tuesday was a day for using up food that could not be eaten during Lent, which was a time for fasting. More commonly called Pancake Day. Here are some of mine – what are your favourite toppings for your pancakes?